About Auburn’s Office of Trademark Management & Licensing
Auburn University licenses its brand to approximately 500 consumer products companies which manufacture and market everything from apparel and headwear to salt shakers and bowling balls. Since 1981, Auburn’s licensing agent, The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) has helped to manage Auburn’s licensing program. Royalties generated from the sale of officially licensed Auburn products support both academic and athletic student scholarships.
In addition to supporting Auburn’s brand with a presence at retail, Auburn’s Office of Trademark Management & Licensing is responsible for:
- Managing the university’s portfolio of federally registered trademarks with the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Working with campus departments to order promotional products and apparel to support their goals
- Educating student organization leadership on the proper way to use Auburn’s brand within their organization, including ordering products for members or fundraising
- Speaking to community groups and campus stakeholders about licensing and the importance of purchasing only officially licensed Auburn product
- Serving on industry boards and committees such as the International Collegiate Licensing Association
- Protecting the Auburn brand and the consumer from companies that sell counterfeit product
- Promoting Auburn licensed product through retail relationships, social media and other marketing outlets
The Office of Trademark Management & Licensing is located inside historic OD Smith Hall. If you’d like to visit, please click below to send an email to schedule an appointment.