Club Sports Organization Names
Club Sports must include the word “club” in the name of the organization. Examples include: Auburn Lacrosse Club or Auburn Swimming Club. The word club must be the same size as the sport name.
Club Sports Organization Logos
Club Sports may create their own graphic logo that includes their official name but may not incorporate any additional Auburn trademark or references into the logo. The club sport name must be included with this graphic.
Logos must be approved by the Division of Student Affairs (Campus Recreation) and Office of Trademark Management and Licensing. Submit your proposed logo here.
Club Sports Organization Product Designs
Club Sports may use the interlocking AU, tiger eyes, and eagle logos, but may not use vintage logos, Aubie, or the university seal. Logos must be independent of any other graphic element and the Club Sport name must be included on the product. Club Sport uniforms may include the 5 interlocking AU logo, tiger eyes, and eagle. Official game uniforms do not have to include the word “Club”.
Designs may contain graphics that reflect the Auburn campus, but the design cannot incorporate the club sport logo into the graphic or verbiage or alter the Auburn graphic or verbiage to reflect the purpose of the club sport. Symbols that represent the sport may not surround any Auburn graphic or verbiage or be overlaid on the graphic or intersect with the graphic or verbiage. No designs may change any element of an Auburn University trademark to reflect a particular sport. No patterns or designs may be placed inside Auburn marks.
Club Sports may use Auburn related verbiage, such as “War Eagle,” “War Damn Eagle,” “Tigers,” portions of the Auburn Creed, fight song, alma mater and cheers, but that verbiage cannot be altered to reflect the name or purpose of the Club Sport. This verbiage should be separate from the organization name. “War Damn” may be used and followed by the Club name or approved event name as long as it meets the requirements as outlined in this policy.
Any product bearing Auburn University trademarks or references, despite the use, must be purchased from a vendor that has a license agreement with Auburn University Office of Trademark Management and Licensing and is royalty bearing.
No contract printing is allowed.
Promotional T-Shirts; Sponsors
Promotional t-shirts distributed in bulk for an event must be white. Organizations may not use orange or navy promotional t-shirts without prior approval by the Division of Student Affairs and Office of Trademark Management and Licensing.
If any proposed design includes sponsor names/logos, the list of sponsors must be submitted for prior approval using the form below. Sponsor names or logos on product must be separated from any Auburn related design element.
Third-Party Intellectual Property
Use of intellectual property owned by a third party must be approved by that entity in writing and submitted to the Licensing Office along with the desired artwork. For example, if you wish to use another entity’s logo (i.e., professional sport team, clothing brands, food and beverage items, etc.), a written release allowing for such use is required before Auburn will grant design approval. This type of approval process often takes weeks, so allow enough time for such approval to be obtained.
Student Organization Events
Events sponsored by a recognized student organization may not contain a University trademark or reference in the event name without permission from the Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Trademark Management and Licensing.
Organization products and other designs that incorporate Auburn University’s name and/or trademarks may not reflect any of the following:
- Elements that state or imply Auburn University’s endorsement of or affiliation with non-university entities, products, services, viewpoints, and/or political candidates, parties and activities, except that a student organization with a political reference in its name may use the Auburn University name as permitted by this policy;
- Discrimination against any person or group based on age, race, ethnicity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status;
- References to gambling, alcohol (in a non-educational manner), tobacco, illegal substances, illegal activity, violence, weapons (that are not germane to the organization’s official activities), profanity, or sexually explicit designs or products; and
- Use of a current Auburn University student-athlete’s name or likeness.
- Complete and submit the online Licensing Authorization Form below to the Office of Trademark Management and Licensing for approval.
- Select a university licensed vendor.
- Upon approval, present a fully executed authorization form in person or via e-mail to the licensed vendor manufacturing the product with your order.
- The licensed vendor will then submit your artwork to the Office of Trademark Management and Licensing for review and approval. Any necessary changes to the design will be communicated directly to the licensed vendor.