Special Artist Licensing Application
Auburn University’s Special Artist Licensing program was created to service hobby artists who have a desire to use Auburn’s intellectual property on prints.
Prints are defined as original artwork or artwork that has been reproduced on paper or canvas and carry a low liability risk for the University.
Individuals who would like to use Auburn’s intellectual property on product other than prints, must obtain a license through Auburn’s licensing agent, the Collegiate Licensing Company. For more information, click here.
Please find below the process to be considered for Auburn’s special artist program.
- Complete the application below
- Auburn will review your application and let you know if you are approved to participate in the artist program within four weeks.
- Artist will sign the special artist agreement and pay a rights fee to Auburn that is commensurate with the amount of Auburn product you plan to produce. The minimum fee is $100.00 per contract term*.
- Artist must submit each design for approval by Auburn’s licensing office. We can consider conceptual designs prior to you completing the painting.
- Artist understands that they are not approved to paint any likeness of an individual without receiving permission from that individual and that no approval will be given to paint the likeness of a current student athlete. Artist must provide a written authorization to Auburn University from any individual before the painting will be approved by Auburn University.
- Artist must affix the officially licensed hologram label to the back or packaging of the prints sold. Labels must be purchased from Auburn Licensing. A roll of 100 labels is $10.00 payable by check to Auburn University.
- At renewal, the artist must provide Auburn with the number of units produced using Auburn’s intellectual property during the previous contract period.
- All special artist agreements will be considered for renewal between June 1 and June 30 of each year with expiration of the previous year’s agreement on June 30th.
*Royalties & rights fees generated from this program and from all Auburn licensed products support Auburn University student scholarships!