Special Artist Licensing Application
Auburn University’s Special Artist Licensing program was created to service hobby artists who have a desire to use Auburn’s intellectual property on prints.
Prints are defined as original artwork or artwork that has been reproduced on paper or canvas and carry a low liability risk for the University.
Individuals who would like to use Auburn’s intellectual property on product other than prints, must obtain a license through Auburn’s licensing agent, the Collegiate Licensing Company. For more information, click here.
Please find below the process to be considered for Auburn’s special artist program.
- Complete the application below.
- Auburn will review your application and let you know if you are preliminarily approved to participate in the artist program within four weeks.
- Artist will complete an agreement through CLC’s Community Connect licensing program and pay a rights fee that is commensurate with the amount of Auburn product you plan to produce. The minimum fee is $150.00 per contract term*.
- Artist must submit each design for approval by Auburn’s licensing office. We can consider conceptual designs prior to you completing the artwork.
- Artist understands that they are not approved to paint any likeness of an individual without receiving permission from that individual and that no approval will be given to paint the likeness of a current student athlete. Artist must provide a written authorization to Auburn University from any individual before the painting will be approved by Auburn University.
- Artist must maintain $250,000 in product liability insurance to participate in the Special Artist Licensing program through CLC’s Community Connect.
- More information will be provided after preliminary approval.
- At renewal, the artist must provide Auburn with the number of units produced using Auburn’s intellectual property during the previous contract period.
- Contract periods will run from January 1st – December 31st each year. Agreements issued August – December of 2021 will be active through December of 2022.
*Royalties & rights fees generated from this program and from all Auburn licensed products support Auburn University student scholarships!