Jordan-Hare Stadium opened in 1939 and is home to the Auburn Tigers football team. With a seating capacity of 87,451, on football Saturdays in Auburn, Jordan-Hare becomes Alabama’s fifth-largest city. The stadium is named for Ralph “Shug” Jordan, Auburn’s all-time winningest football coach, and Clifford Leroy Hare, a member of Auburn’s first football team, president of the old Southern Conference and longtime chairman of Auburn’s Faculty Athletic Committee. Legendary coach Pat Dye has also had his name forever attached to Jordan-Hare Stadium, as the turf officially became known as Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium prior to the 2005 Iron Bowl. Read more here.