Crafter Licensing Application
Auburn University now offers a limited crafter licensing program to small crafters in order to use Auburn trademarks and other branding on non-apparel items. The program is limited to crafters and is not designed for businesses with full-time retail storefronts. Those operations would require a full retail license through Auburn’s licensing agency, the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC). The crafter licensing program is also administered by CLC through their Community Connect program.
- No apparel licenses will be granted through Auburn’s crafter licensing program.
- Crafters are limited to $2,500 in sales (of product bearing Auburn marks or other branding) in a calendar year.
- Crafters will complete an agreement through CLC’s Community Connect licensing program and pay a rights fee that is commensurate with the amount of Auburn product you plan to produce. The minimum fee is $150.00 per contract term.
- Crafters must submit each design for approval by Auburn’s licensing office. We can consider conceptual designs prior to you completing the artwork.
- Crafters may only use Auburn University’s standard logos as shown on the brand elements page. In addition to those marks, crafters may use the verbiage:
- Auburn Tigers®
- Auburn University®
- War Eagle®
- Jordan-Hare StadiumTM
Crafter Licensing program participants are required to maintain $250,000 in product liability insurance. Specifics will be covered during the licensing process.
Use the link below to submit your application to Auburn’s crafter licensing program through CLC’s Community Connect/Direct Licensing Hub.
- After clicking the link below, you will click “Create an Account” to start the process.
- You will notice that “Website” is a required field. You may enter your social media link (not your @handle, but the full link from the browser) if you do not have a formal website.
- You will receive a verification email from “directlicensinghub.com”. Click the link to verify your email address and complete your application.
- For questions about the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about Auburn licensing, email email@example.com.