Skip to main content

Auburn University Home Baker Licensing Application

Auburn University offers a licensing program that allows home bakers to use Auburn trademarks and other branding on baked goods. The program is limited to home bakers and is not available to bakeries or other businesses with full-time retail storefronts. Those operations would require a full retail license through the Collegiate Licensing Company.

Auburn’s Home Baker licensing program is limited to the following items:

  • Cakes
  • Cookies

Participants in Auburn’s Home Baker licensing program may not sell to retailers or other establishments that resale the cakes or cookies.

Insurance Requirements

Auburn’s Home Baker licensing program participants are required to maintain $5 million in product liability insurance. Specifics will be covered during the licensing process.

How to Obtain Auburn University Home Baker Licensing


Step 1

Attend an Alabama Cottage Food Law training (available throughout the state) and obtain certification. Details on the Alabama Cottage Food Law are available from the Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s Food Safety and Quality team. For more information, contact the food safety and quality regional agent in your area.

Step 2

Use the link below to submit your application to Auburn’s Home Baker licensing program through CLC’s Community Connect/Direct Licensing Hub.

  • After clicking the link below, you will click “Create an Application” to start the process.
  • You will notice that “Website” is a required field. You may enter your social media link (not your @handle, but the full link from the browser) if you do not have a formal website.
  • You will receive a verification email from “”. Click the link to verify your email address and complete your application.
  • For questions about the process, email For questions about Auburn licensing, email